My cat, Mr. Spots, gave us quite a scare when he fell sick this past weekend.
It all started on Friday when he slipped out the front door with my husband. We have several flowering plants near the entrance, so the area is always buzzing with bees and other flower-loving creatures. Spots was instantly intrigued by a massive bumblebee. He pounced, catching it right in his paws. Before my husband could rescue the poor bee, Spots bolted inside to play with his new "toy." As my husband approached to take it away, Spots swallowed it whole.
We chalked it up to pure "cat instinct" and tried not to worry. But a little while later, he threw up. Because he went right back to eating afterward, I brushed it off, thinking he was fine. By evening, though, he threw up a second time. My mind started racing—I spent the night stressing over a potential morning vet trip and everything else that could go wrong.
At the most unexpected moment, my office manager messaged to offer me a Saturday shift. My work schedule is incredibly unpredictable, and honestly, I really needed the money. Usually, I let the office rules dictate my time, but when Spots is sick, everything else takes a back seat. I decided to let go of the extra income to stay home with him.
I put him on a strict boiled chicken diet. He absolutely loves chicken, so I served it up with plenty of warm broth. I was so relieved he ate it, but Saturday morning greeted me with a massive mess to clean up. Luckily, he wasn't hiding away or showing any other symptoms, so I stuck to the plan and gave him more chicken and water. By afternoon, success! He was finally holding his food down. Lucky me—I saved a stressful trip to the vet and a few hundred dollars!
Sunday was spent on my regular routine of deep cleaning and cooking. And just like that, it’s Monday morning again!
Bindu
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here